When purchasing your boat supplies and your marine products to enjoy your boat, you are rarely thinking about how you are going to truly manage your boat. Even if you boat is just a small aluminum fishing boat with a 25hp outboard motor it is important to track the last tune up and to document your vessel in case something were to happen to it. If you are getting ready for an ocean race or for a blue water cruise, the importance is magnified exponentially. Just ask yourself a few of these simple questions. (More importantly, if you “depart” from your vessel unexpectedly and your crew or wife are left aboard, will they know the answers to these questions?
- How many water tanks do I have?
- How many fuel tanks do I have? How big are they and where is each one of them located?
- When was the last time my MOM or Liferaft was inspected? When does it need to be inspected?
- Where is my manual to the GPS or Chartplotter?
Boat maintenance is not the fun part of owning a boat, but without it, you are sure to not have any fun at all. Having a Boat Service Log that acts as a comprehensive organization system for your boat is one of the best tips I can recommend to any boat owner. Boat Service Log by Marine Boat Solutions is the most innovative and truly well thought out inventory, maintenance, and scheduling system I have ever used.
Not only does it track renewal and expiration dates, safety equipment, preventive maintenance items and other alerts and reminders, you can also capture and inventory all electronic, electromechanical, and mechanical equipment on your boat.
Even more important, store a comprehensive description of your boat and its registration information. Enter and attach pictures and pdf manuals to any item on your boat. Store and retrieve your vendor information.
This is truly the BEST way to manage and document your boat. Whether you are just a happy boat owner, or planning a ocean race, blue water cruise, or fishing expedition, this will help make sure YOU know YOUR boat. (And make sure your wife or crew know your boat in your absence).
With Boat Service Log you can:
- TRACK licensing, registrations, models, serial numbers, & maintenance schedules of all vital systems.
- ARCHIVE equipment manuals, diagrams and pictures for quick reference. Create automated boat to-do lists.
- CREATE vendor/contractor database by specialty and location.
- ADD VALUE by tracking maintenance and upgrades.
- SAVE $$$ by on-time preventive care.
- DOCUMENT All Equipment for insurance, travel and potential sales purposes. Log spare parts, numbers and location.
If you’re like me, you have a quality copy of your boat’s original inspection report that gives you some pretty detailed information on all the boating supplies and marine products systems and such on your boat. Trouble is that it is static. And, it is usually not well organized with the ability to add in additional data or updated inspection information.
With Boat Service Log you can actually input reminders so that you never miss a service date. Whether it is your annual engine tune up or more importantly your life raft inspection you will be given an alert that will keep you on top of your boat maintenance.
Boat Service log is available on CD ROM or via a download link when you purchase it. Its comes with a logical, intuitive and easy-to-use graphical user interface.